NCC is at the top of the leader board!
The Region 19 Champions of Character Award has been captured by NCC Athletics for the 5th time in the last six years!
The Character Award is given annually to a Region 19 Institution and is based on the following:
1. The nominated institution clearly demonstrates outstanding results in character development of its student-athletes and coaches by embracing the true spirit of competition through the five core values of respect, responsibility, integrity, servant leadership and sportsmanship.
2. The nominated institution demonstrates outstanding involvement in the community, which results in positive character development through sport.
Competing off the field is just as important as competing on the field, according to Director of Athletics Troy Tucker.
“This is always one of our goals. the champions of character award is something that we openly talk to our student-athletes about each year and we try to instill a mentality of giving back and being positive role models in our community”
Despite the challenges of 2019-2020, the Athletic Department is proud to have been able to participate in 11 community service projects, accumulating over 1000 hours of community service, and donating over $2000 along with Personal Protective Equipment for a greater cause during the initial stages of the COVID-19 Pandemic! A few examples of their community service:
- assisted incoming freshman with their move into the Residence Halls
- spent the day with the Little League participants and their families at the Miracle League of Northampton County Baseball Complex in Easton
- welcomed the Nazareth Youth Basketball Association to the Spartan Center for a 3-Day stretch of Youth Player Evaluations
- took part in a student-athlete driven Campus Clean-Up
- they surprised 1st grade students as their mystery guest readers
- visited Farmersville Elementary School and assisted the PTA with their annual Trunk or Treat Boo Fest
- donated over 200 items to the campus H.O.P.E Food Pantry
- assisted with the set-up of the annual holiday bazaar event
- visited Farmersville Elementary School and assisted the PTA with their annual Breakfast with Santa
- assisted the Special Olympics with the bowling qualifying event
- hosted the Freemansburg Township Athletic Association and conducted player evaluations for over 300 participants
- made a fundraising donation in the amount of $2,000.00 to Spartan Aid
Northampton is at the top of the all-time leader board with five awards, followed by Brookdale Community College and Ocean County College with four and three awards respectively.